All About RIPE Labs
It’s the place to showcase new and interesting things. Anyone can:
- Present research
- Showcase prototype tools
- Share operational experience
- Exchange ideas
Anyone can read and contribute to RIPE Labs. Registration is free and open to anyone.
RIPE Labs is about presenting new ideas and tools from the RIPE community for the RIPE community.
RIPE NCC staff will use RIPE Labs to show new ideas and potential new services or new features of existing services to the community at an early stage. This will allow the RIPE NCC members and the wider community a much faster feedback mechanism. Rather than having to wait until something has been developed into a full service, the NCC can ask the community during the development phase if this is going into the right direction.
In addition to that RIPE Labs will also be open to community members to present their own ideas and prototypes, gather feedback from others and engage into discuss with each other (hence it is called RIPE Labs and not RIPE NCC Labs). We will provide and maintain discussion forums for various topics and tools.
How does this benefit you?
- Get involved in the development of tools and ideas right from the start
- Influence what new tools will do – (RIPE NCC tools or those contributed by others)
- Follow developments quickly and first-hand
- Contribute your own ideas or tools and
- Enjoy rapid feedback from the RIPE community - your network of highly competent and like-minded colleagues
- Interact faster and more closely with the RIPE NCC through open and easy feedback methods
You can contact us at labs _at_ ripe _dot_ net or use the contact form at the top of the page.