Reply to comment:

Daniel Karrenberg
Svein, when we finally discovered that 212./213in-addr.arpa were incomplete it was fixed within a couple of minutes. So an update on that discovery would not have been useful. Earlier in the morning we were not updating because there was nothing new to report. We simply did not know what was going on, whether it was us or negative caching somewhere else, or ... . With hindsight we now realise that we should have given an update earlier that morning saying "We heard the reports of ongoing problems and are investigating." We will review our communications procedures to make sure that such "We have heard reports and are working on it." messages are indeed sent. We are also reviewing the channels you can use to reliably report problems 24/7. We will report on this later.