Introducing the RIPE NCC Roadmap
The RIPE NCC offers a range of technical services, both to its members and the wider Internet community. In order to ensure we provide the most useful and relevant services possible, we rely on member and community feedback to help guide us in their development.
In order to facilitate this, we are working on the RIPE NCC Roadmap, which is actually a collection of individual roadmaps that show the current status of various services the RIPE NCC provides. See below, as an example, the roadmap for RIPE Labs itself, listing some of the recently delivered features and new functionality planned for the upcoming months.
The RIPE NCC Roadmap will allow us to communicate our current and upcoming plans for each RIPE NCC service so that users can be informed early on in the development process. At the moment, the following RIPE NCC services have a roadmap available:
- Resource Certification (RPKI)
- RIPE Atlas
- RIPE Database
- RIPE Labs
We will continue to add other services in the near future.
Within each roadmap, items are broken down into the following categories:
- Requested: These items have been requested by members or members of the wider community. We will not necessarily implement each and every request that is brought forward to us, however we will at a minimum investigate the listed requests and discuss them with the membership/community if necessary. Each roadmap includes information about how new features can be requested.
- Planned: These items are scheduled for implementation in the foreseeable future. In some cases these plans will first be discussed with the membership and/or community before they are actually implemented.
- In Progress: The RIPE NCC is currently working to implement these items.
- Delivered: These items have recently been implemented.
Each roadmap also includes information about the different ways you can tell us what you think about that service. We encourage you to send feature requests, suggestions and other feedback. More information about many of the plans described in the roadmaps can be found on RIPE Labs.
Please note that this is a work in progress, and we will be adding new functionality and additional feedback mechanisms in the future.
Tell us what you think!
We're asking for feedback about the RIPE NCC Roadmap