RIPE Labs is a new platform designed by the RIPE NCC for network operators, developers and industry experts to expose, test and discuss innovative Internet-related tools, ideas and analysis that can benefit the RIPE community and RIPE NCC members.
It’s the place to showcase new and interesting things. Anyone can:
- Present research
- Showcase prototype tools
- Share operational experience
- Exchange ideas
Even if you don't have any new ideas at the moment, but are interested in reviewing the ideas and tools of others, please dive in.
RIPE Labs is a platform from the RIPE community for the RIPE community.
Anyone can read what’s on RIPE Labs. But you’ll need to register before you can contribute to RIPE Labs. Registration is free and open to anyone.
RIPE NCC staff will use RIPE Labs to show new ideas and potential new services or new features of existing services to the community at an early stage. This will allow the RIPE NCC members and the wider community a much faster feedback mechanism. Rather than having to wait until something has been developed into a full service, the RIPE NCC can ask the community during the development phase if this is going into the right direction.
In addition to that RIPE Labs will also be open to community members to present their own ideas and prototypes, gather feedback from others and engage into discuss with each other (Hence it is called RIPE Labs and not RIPE NCC Labs). We will provide and maintain discussion forums for various topics and tools.
How does this benefit you?
- Get involved in the development of tools and ideas right from the start
- Influence what new tools will do – (RIPE NCC tools or those contributed by others)
- Follow developments quickly and first-hand
- Contribute your own ideas or tools and
- Enjoy rapid feedback from the RIPE community - your network of highly competent and like-minded colleagues
- Interact faster and more closely with the RIPE NCC through open and easy feedback methods
You can contact us at email@example.com or use the contact form at the top of this page.