We take a comprehensive look at four countries in Central Europe as the next in our series of RIPE NCC Internet Country Reports.
Our latest report details the Internet landscape in Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. We examine the major market players and level of competition, Internet number resource holdings, IPv4 transfers and IPv6 readiness to understand the history and current state of Internet development in this region as well as its capacity for future growth. We also analyse the region's resilience and stability by mapping the relationship between different networks in the countries, international connectivity to the global Internet, access to K-root, traffic paths and routing security.
The report's key findings include:
- The markets in these countries are well developed and competitive, with a large number of smaller providers in addition to the dominant players and incumbents
- Despite only modest amounts of IPv4 and a growing need for more addresses, IPv6 capability rates remain low in the region, with the exception of Hungary
- Access to the Domain Name System, via K-root, is very well optimised in the four countries
- International connectivity is quite resilient, with good diversity in upstream providers
- RPKI uptake, which is related to routing security, is very high in the region
This is the 11th Internet country report that the RIPE NCC has produced in an ongoing effort to support Internet development throughout our service region by making our data and insights available to local technical communities and decision makers. We hope this report is used to inform discussion, provide technical insight and facilitate the exchange of information and best practices.
The full report, along with all of the previous Internet country reports, is available here.
We want to highlight the fact that these Internet country reports are largely based on publicly available data. We hope they give you an idea about the kind of data and analysis that's possible using RIPE NCC tools and services. If this report inspires you to learn more about those tools and maybe even explore what you can do with the data yourself, check out the following:
Let us know if you have any questions about the data contained in the report, the measurements tools we used, our analyses, or anything else.
We plan to continue producing these Internet country reports for countries and regions throughout the RIPE NCC's service region of Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia - and we want to hear from you about what would be most interesting and valuable. Please share your ideas with us below and let us know what you would like to see!