RightsCon 2017 Day Two
Free Expression, Technology, and Political Change
Questions to ask, if we are in a place / situation where we want to cooperate:
- How can we help?
- How do we hold ourselves accountable?
- Ask questions that were written locally
Corporate Sponsorship of Conferences: Ethics and Independence
Very interesting session that brought around the table all actors: corporations and NGOs and conferences organisers and activists. Other important points came up: Code of Conduct, transparent Funding Policy for events and NGOs, independent Programme Committee for choosing talks based on their merit.
Morning: Costs of Internet Shutdowns
Promoting RIPE Atlas
There is a lot of interest in how RIPE Atlas data can be used to measure Internet reachability or shutdowns.
Here are some references to where to get more information:
- Main web site: atlas.ripe.net
- A short video: youtu.be/Z3SW2vO8qW0
- Use Cases: labs.ripe.net/atlas
- Request a probe to be sent to you, free of charge
- Wikipedia page