RIPEstat Live Demo #9
During the ninth interactive live demo, the development team explained and demonstrated the tool's features and new functionality. This demo was attended by 8 community members.
For reference, please see summaries of the previous demo sessions:
During this ninth interactive live demo, the development team focused mostly on the new RIPEstat mobile app and demonstrated the tool's features and functionality.
- Available for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (iOS 4.0 or later)
- Released September 21, 2011 (1.01 will be released soon)
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Based on a public REST API (changes to the API are possible in the future)
- Download (free)
- iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ripestat/id465322734
- RIPE Labs: http://labs.ripe.net/Members/gdl/ripestat-mobile
- Support: http://stat.ripe.net/mobile
- ASN and Prefixes:
- Whois matches
- Resource information
- ASN only:
- Originated prefixes
- Prefixes evolution
- Prefix size distribution
- AS path length
Figure 1: Example iPhone screen
Figure 2: Example iPad screen
A feature to share views and data (with default feedback to stat _at_ ripe _dot_ net) was demonstrated. This feature is not included in version 1.01 but is planned for the next release.
Figure 3: Example of upcoming data share feature
- Geolocation plugin
- Currently too many markers for big ASes
- New implementation (not yet for mobile): aggregation on country level
Things we're considering to work on in the future
- List of last queried resources
- Pretty output of the raw data (indentation, syntax highlighting)
- Description of the methodology used in each view
- New plugins:
- Related Allocations/Assignments
- Blacklist entries
- BGP update activity
- Prefixes related
- Design of the interface and of the views
Please let us know what you think about the above items, and what you find most important, so that we can set priorities accordingly.
Please also note the video describing the mobile app (click on the image to start the video):
The video archive of the demo will be available shortly from the RIPEstat website at http://stat.ripe.net.
Our next demo is scheduled for 1 November 2011 at 9:30 - 10:00 UTC. The link will be announced on RIPE Labs closer to the date.